POSITION : EXECUTIVE
Key Responsibilities :
- To adhere to SOPs and ensure safe practice of navigation at all times as per SOPs.
- To ensure all vessels boarded fifteen minutes before the vessel booking time.
- To monitor marine contractor performance and to report performance to Duty Pilot on every shift i.e. Tug boats, Pilot boats, and Mooring Gangs.
- To assist Container and Conventional operation in tidal berthing request
- To ensure berthing side is as per booking requirement and report on any changes To Duty Pilot immediately.
- To attend to outstanding issues discuss during the operational meetings and to ensure that issues are resolved within the stipulated time.
- To ensure Duty Pilot / VOM are informed of any expected delay of berthing/ unberthing of vessels.
- To report to Duty Pilots on any incidents/accidents that occur within 24 hours
- To ensure all wharf depth maintain at 15 meters or the respective maximum allowable dredge depth.
- Possess a valid Certificate of Competency of Master Foreign Going Ship (or Class1) or Possess a valid Certificate of Competency of Chief Mate of Foreign Going Ship more than 300 Gt (or Class2) or Certificate of Competency of Foreign Going (Class 3).
- Possess at least a minimum of 12 months of experience on board Foreign Going vessels as WKO ( Watch Keeping Officers).
- Knowledge and understanding of safety standards.
- Compliance with statutory requirements i.e. pilotage by-laws governed by Malaysian Port Authority.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Expert knowledge of navigation features of the port i.e. depth of water, currents, tides, winds, peculiarities of the various berths, channel widths, the vessel pilot information system, and the different characteristics of each type of vessel.
- Able to display assertiveness.
- Good presentation skills; written & verbal.
- Develop positive relationships.
- Portrays good leadership skills.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)