POSITION : MANAGER
Job Summary :
We are looking for a Tax Manager who will direct and manage multiple operations related to taxes and deliver tax services.
As a Tax Manager, your primary responsibility is to manage specific tax-related functions in addition to compliance-related activities, tax strategy and administers tax affairs to comply with government tax laws.
You should report monthly and quarterly tax preparation. In addition to this, you should also provide a reconciliation of a company’s condition for income tax.
Key Responsibility :
1. Tax Compliance
- To ensure complete compliance with tax following ITA 1967 including but not limited to the following;
- Annual Tax Submission for the holding, subsidiary, and associated companies
- Annual Tax Estimates for the holding, subsidiary, and associated companies
- Monthly Tax Installment Payment for the holding, subsidiary, and associated companies
- Monthly tax computation for the closing purpose for the holding, subsidiary, and associated companies
2. Tax Management
- Accurate declaration of filing returns and all tax requirements in a timely and quality manner. Improve year-end/quarter tax reporting process.
- Proactive and centralized collaboration to ensure full GST / SST / WHT compliance. Making tax payments, producing and submitting information to authorities on time and in required formats.
- Design and develop new processes related to treasury & tax with the use of formularized worksheets/technology/cloud documents. Share knowledge on tax/work improvement in the company for each quarter.
3. Tax Advisory
- Review and advise on related party transactions and transfer pricing issues
- Review and advise on tax incentives applicable to the companies
- Review and advise on the tax structure for the Group
- Review and advise on tax implication of any transactions within the Group inclusive of SST, import duty, direct, indirect in relation to ITA 1967 and Employment Tax
4. Tax Analysis and Forecasting
- Conduct tax planning and budgeting for every incoming quarter.
- Conduct analysis on variances and identify the root cause
- Conduct monthly tax audit
- Provide an action plan to mitigate tax costs and check for potential penalties.
- Assist in money market placement for higher returns and lower fees.
5. Regulatory Affairs
- Identify tax incentives and programs by the Government and GLC that the company can participate in to reduce overall costs.
- Develop an action plan with the respective PICs in the department to put in place programs that can maximize tax returns.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law development and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance/Accounting/Business
- Min 4 – 5 Years experience in the same field preferably same Industry
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)