- Conduct daily site safety inspections and recommend corrective actions for unsafe act of workers and rectification for unsafe condition in all construction workplaces.
- Take pro-active measures to identify hazard, assess the risk and implement suitable control measures to eliminate all construction dangers.
- Enforce site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Ensure subcontractors comply to the requirements of the construction Safety Management System which outlined their responsibilities and commitments.
- Review all HIRARC and Job Hazard Analysis before its execution.
- Coordinate with contractor where appropriate for any unfamiliar or hazardous operations being introduced onto the project and ensure the safety awareness remains high at all times.
- Maintain pertinent information on Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and to ensure the relevant communication information is distributed to the responsible party.
- Ensure contractors first aid facility and welfare facilities for workers are in good condition.
- Recommend changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Handle site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Review and maintain accurate records of contractors construction workers attendance.
- Check sub-contractors’ work to ensure compliance with DOSH Act and the Regulations are complied with.
- Liaise with contractor’s safety officer appointed with respect to safety of work undertaken by contractors.
- Supports project engineer in monitoring and coordinating site works activities, engaging in the matters related to project NCR, corrective / preventive actions and site inspection documentations.
Work Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in project construction sites.
- Has attended site supervisor course or construction safety conducted by CIDB
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Possess good interpersonal, communication, technical writing skills and great team player.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet datelines
Qualification Requirements :
- At least a Diploma in engineering or construction-related fields
- Has attended DOSH site safety supervisor course and have passed site safety supervisor examination managed by NIOSH or institution recognized by DOSH.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)
- Latest three (3) month payslip (pdf, jpeg, jpg and png file only)