POSITION : EXECUTIVE
Job Summary :
Effectively manage, monitor, and coordinate efficient Yard console operations (Console/IBS) during shifts in ensuring the accuracy of the information, high productivity and identify improvement for terminal productivity.
Plan and assign fixed and additional resources for optimum utilization with consideration of operating costs and stringent monitoring of console productivity.
Take full responsibility and accountability in the absence of YPM, YPDO, and YPCT to ensure all the Yard planning KPI is achieved without any operational disruptions.
Key Responsibility :
- Directly reports to the Yard Strategy Manager (YSM) in the shift.
- To guide and assist ITZ supervisors, console planners, TTC (internal/external), and TT operators to achieve the sectional benchmark of 3.0 MPH with a minimum of 7.0 active hours in the shift
- Assisting in reporting to M&R immediately if there are any breakdown cases involving Console TTs and delays in getting back replacements.
- Update the console progress and MPH based on present movement/ progress to all relevant stakeholders in the department to ensure Console and IBS operations in the yard are going smoothly without any obstacles.
- To assist and take responsibility for rectifying and solving any issues/ problems that are encountered in the yard immediately without prolonging the stoppage.
- Communicate with Manpower (Marshalling) management on staff-related issues and Equipment handling.
- Prepare preliminary accident investigation on any incident/accident in the Yard during console activities.
- Fully control and coordinate the daily allocation of manpower and equipment by making sure these requirements are sufficient to serve all console activities in the yard.
- In charge of the overall console operations in the yard in terms of TT operator’s discipline/Productivity/Maximum active hours and required console volume.
- Ensure the console work queue is released on time without any delays.
- Closely monitors console activity and ensures that daily target “MPH” is achieved
- Provide suggestions to the console strategist or planners to improve the MPH and machine utilization.
- Ensure that the console planner maximizes optimization opportunities in the yard for console operations, especially for twin lifts and double cycling in the yard.
- Ensure that all the TT Operators are reported at the beginning of the shift according to the console planner’s requirement.
- Ensure optimum utilization of resources to enable quick turnaround of console TTs by achieving the best possible console volume
- Lead and motivate Console operators to extract the highest performance levels and meet with console operators weekly.
- Plan sufficient equipment for console operation to ensure the target of >3.0mph is achieved. The purpose of equipment planning is to ensure a smooth flow of TT cycle time.
- Daily monitoring of Yard Planning Performance to achieve all console K.P.I. The purpose of monitoring is to increase productivity, provide excellent customer service, and exercise cost-saving activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient in analysis and problem-solving
- Meticulous with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of urgency and effective time management
- Knowledgeable in office administration and supervision
- Expertise in data preparation and entry
- Skilled in managing customer relations
- Proficient in public communication
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)
The position is closed, future applications will be “KEEP IN VIEW”