POSITION : SENIOR MANAGER
Job Summary :
As the Head of IT Security & Infrastructure at Westports, this role encompasses overseeing IT operations with a focus on ITIL/ITSM frameworks, managing IT infrastructure and security, and ensuring robust IT project execution. Key responsibilities include working with vendors for SLA adherence, steering infrastructure architecture projects, planning IT security strategies, and leading a team towards operational excellence. The role demands proficiency in risk management, project management, and technological innovation, while fostering a culture of continuous learning and compliance in IT operations.
Key Responsibility :
1. IT Operations
- Responsible to ensure that the IT Operation adhere to ITIL/ITSM framework.
- Work with Westports Outsourcing vendor to ensure that the SLAs are adhered.
- Review Westport IT system performance with key vendor and ensure vendor compliance.
- Oversee Change Advisory Board function, ensuring up to date changes and no backlog for IT production system/application.
- Review IT policies and IT Operational procedures.
- Manage IT Incidents and Problem Management
- Prepare IT Infra and Outsourcing yearly CAPEX and OPEX budget and propose to management for approval.
- Ensure that IT Infrastructure and Operation performs work with good knowledge, always updated with the latest changes and is competent and timely when completing tasks
2. Infrastructure Architecture and Projects
- Review infra and related IT project architectural design to ensure design is practical, meets operational requirements and is resilient with redundancies and secure.
- Prepare project paper under CAPEX and OPEX to management for approval based on approved budget and ensure return of investment is achieved.
- Review the technology to be implemented is suitable for business needs.
- Prioritise and complete project capitalisation within given budget.
- Ensure good practice of project management including complete documentation for scope of works, WBS and timeline.
- Manage all IT project stakeholders to adhere to their role and achieve agreed timeline, scope and implementation within timeline agreed with management.
- Explore new technologies that is able to enhance business productivity, saving costs and improving operational security and compliance.
3. IT Security
- Planning long and mid-term IT Security strategy and work closely with superior for approval.
- Conduct IT risk assessment and identified potential security vulnerabilities for the entire IT system landscape and prepare a comprehensive plan with timeline and vendor engagement to remediate identified risks.
- Review and improve benchmarking of Westports IT Security readiness, assess the current IT environment against global standards and revert with action plans for implementation.
- Keep Westports management updated on all matters of IT securities.
- Perform penetration test and remediate risks and vulnerabilities identified with adherence to Westports SOP.
- Investigate all security incidents, ensure root cause analysis is carried out and completed and avoid recurring incidences in future.
- Ensure security awareness training are conducted for all IT users in Westports, introduce programmes to create better security awareness and conduct user evaluation on quarterly basis.
- Manage IT Infrastructure, Operation and Security team member
- Manage internal and external audit and work with Compliance section.
- Manage ISMS compliance and audit to meet certification and recertification and work with Compliance section.
- IT employee development and work with superior for staff training and development.
- Learning the port business and achieve good understanding of IT’s role in the organisation.
- Engage key outsourcing vendor representative and propose strategies for improvements.
- Minimum 10 years experience in IT Infrastructure, Security and Operation, with at least 5 years at the Senior Managerial level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Work experience relating to IT Operations, Security, Storage, Database, Network and Server Technology.
- Proficient in ITIL/ITSM and practices in a large organisation.
- Vendor management experience on service level agreements (SLAs), contracts negotiation and and ensuring contracts are in favor to support business activities.
- Establish and enforce standards and procedures in IT Operation and Security.
- IT strategy, planning and execution to support business expansion and readiness.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)