Job Brief :
To enhance the relationship between Westports, forwarding & shipper community, improve the port’s visibility within these segments, as well as external perception with regards to service level and business conduct.
Key Responsibilities :
• To establish contacts with major shippers/consignees & promote port services & key competitive advantages.
• Promote availability of the Value Added Services to shippers and consignees to induce greater local volumes.
• To strengthen the relationship level as well as the customer service commitment level between Westports and its direct and indirect customers.
• Place regular visits to mid-tier Forwarders/ Forwarding Agents in order to collect data on industry trends as well as to gather the voice of customers for operational enhancement or system improvements.
• Ensure the correct services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
• Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal operations teams
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain the trust that their goods are well cared for in transit or in storage in our port.
• Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics and reporting standards
• Proven experience as a Manager or in the function of account management/business development.
• Possess at least 5 years of experience in sales, business development, and providing solutions based on customer needs. Experience in the transportation or logistics industry would be a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
• Ability to manage and develop people within our organization
• Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
• Degree in business administration, sales, or relevant field
Preferred Skills :
• Good oral and written communications skills, including strong writing, editing, and research skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
• Highly collaborative, able to work well with a diverse group of staff members, division, and business partners.
• Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and ability in creative & innovative methods of presentation, knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
• Experience with data analytics
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications; ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations, Excel, word and etc
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet the deadline
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)