POSITION : MANAGER
Job Summary :
To enhance the relationship between Westports, forwarding & shipper community, improve the port’s visibility within these segments, as well as external perception with regards to service level and business conducts.
Key Responsibility :
- To establish contacts with major shippers/consignees & promote port services & key competitive advantages.
- Promote the availability of the Value Added Services to shippers and consignees to induce greater local volumes.
- To strengthen the relationship level as well as the customer service commitment level between Westports and its direct and indirect customers.
- Place regular visits to mid-tier Forwarders/ Forwarding Agents to collect data on industry trends as well as to gather the voice of customers for operational enhancement or system improvements.
- Ensure the correct services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal operations teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust that their goods are well cared for in transit or in storage in our port.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics and reporting standards
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Sales, or a relevant field.
- Fluency in Mandarin is required for effective communication in the target market.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, business development, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a knack for building relationships at all organizational levels.
- Proven ability to manage and develop personnel.
- Competency in problem-solving and negotiation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including effective writing, editing, and research abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of effective communication and working well with people at all levels.
- Highly collaborative nature, able to work well with diverse staff groups, divisions, and business partners.
- Creative and innovative approach in presentation techniques and marketing concepts.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Competitive salary package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- A supportive team and management structure.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)