Job Brief :
To develop and manage projects based on Internet of Things (IoT) that will allow Westports to lead innovation in the transport and logistic industry.
- To do research, develop models and propose to Management on the following:
- Potential digitalization and automation projects that saves cost,
- Eliminate manual process and people intervention
- Reliable real-time data sharing and enabling analysis and alerts for management decision making and having strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Creating and developing devices, sensors, and software.
- Researching, creating, testing, and documenting IoT solutions.
- Designing, coding, and testing features of IoT devices.
- Providing solutions to issues related to the connection of networks and platforms.
- Work with IoT applications and allows the IoT devices to function and connect to other devices.
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering. Prefer those with degree in Mechatronics
- Experience working with front end and back-end systems. Able to custom build firmware and hardware.
- Always positive to take challenges, objective, focus
- Understanding of computer programming and network security
- Proficient knowledge of sensors, Industrial monitoring and control systems such as PLC, Modbus, CANbus, OPC UA
- Knowledge of
- machine learning and AI (*Added advantage),
- IoT standards and communication protocols such as MQTT, HTTPs, CoAP etc.,
- Communication channels such as WiFi, Zigbee, Sigfox, LoRawan, BLE, NB-IoT
- Wiring and interfacing protocols such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet etc.
- Development boards such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Edison, NodeMCU etc.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)