POSITION : MANAGER
Job Summary :
The Head of Public Relations is a key leadership role responsible for developing and executing comprehensive public relations strategies to enhance the public image and reputation of Westports Malaysia.
This individual plays a critical role in shaping Westports Malaysia’s communication efforts and maintaining positive relationships with various stakeholders, including media, customers, employees, investors, and the general public.
Key Responsibility :
1. Leadership / Supervisory Role
- Develop and implement goal setting, role delegation, objectives setting, and establishing priorities, aligned with the organization’s strategy. Includes identifying target audiences, key messages, and the most effective communication channels to reach them.
- Mentoring the PR team using supportive and collaborative approaches to build and support their skills continuously and to prepare them to take up the leadership position in their absence or retirement.
- Develop and manage the public relations budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent messaging and communication within the organization, keeping employees informed and engaged.
- Monitors and appraises high-performing PR personnel.
2. Strategy Development
- Leads the PR team in the development, implementation, and integration of strategic communications plans that advance the business’s brand identity in the market.
- Play the role of broadening awareness of these strategies and increasing the visibility of PR programs and priorities within the organization and to key stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the development of marketing strategies in collaboration with the marketing team to foster and strengthen connections with the target market, outside partners, and important media outlets that will help position the company/product favorably in the market.
- Leads the research and identifies emerging issues and challenges that are facing the business or product.
- Collaborates with management teams across the company to develop and implement strategies, solutions, and opportunities related to those concerns.
- Utilizing metrics and analytics, monitor the success of your PR campaigns and make data-driven decisions to improve your future tactics.
4. Content Creation
- Responsible to oversee the creation of the business’s content; to ensure that all content put out by the business, both in print and online, is edited to conform to the business’s overall values and messages.
- Oversee the organization’s social media strategy, ensuring consistent messaging and active engagement with the online community.
- Safeguard and promote the organization’s brand identity, ensuring all communication aligns with the brand guidelines.
5. Media Relations
- Leads junior PR team and acts as the business/product’s spokesperson and lead point person in conventional media interactions, such as newspaper interviews, ensuring a positive portrayal of the business at all times.
- Practice judgment in prioritizing media opportunities, and making necessary coordination with appropriate persons in organizing and preparing presentations, speeches, talking points, and other external media relations materials.
- Actively engages, cultivates, and manages press relationships that ensure the coverage of the business’s/product’s programs, events, and public announcements, among other projects to ensure positive media coverage and manage any potential crisis or negative press.
- In charge of the day-to-day communications activities’ inclusive media budgeting, planning, and auditing on top of providing marketing counsel to publication departments to ensure the positive impact of each publication on the business.
6. Corporate Communications
- Oversee the development and dissemination of press releases, media kits, and other communication materials to promote the organization’s activities, achievements, and initiatives.
- Develop crisis communication protocols and lead the team in effectively managing and mitigating any reputation-threatening situations or emergencies.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, news, and best practices in public relations to continually enhance the organization’s PR efforts.
- Developing and executing CSR programs as well as conducting periodic program reviews to assess outcomes and effectiveness
- Acting as the focal point for the Company’s CSR initiatives in geography and building relationships with community partners and key stakeholders
- Staying abreast of relevant research and trends in the areas of focus and promoting best practices
- Promoting employee volunteering initiatives in coordination with internal stakeholders
- Driving budget & monitoring spending to deliver results in line with planned objectives
- Oversee departmental annual CSR activities and reporting aligned with company goals
- Degree in Public Relations, Communication, Business Administration, Marketing, Law, Journalism, International Relations, Information Technology, Communications, and English.
- Had over 5 years’ worth of experience working in a high-ranking PR position, for example, as a Senior PR Manager.
- Require a proven track record of success in securing favorable media coverage for a brand or product in a competitive market or business environment.
- Strong leadership and management skills to lead and motivate a team of PR professionals effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships with media, stakeholders, and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify opportunities, and create innovative PR strategies.
- Capable of handling dynamic and rapidly changing situations, adapting strategies as needed.
- Familiarity with the organization’s industry and understanding of relevant trends and issues.
- Proficiency in social media platforms, digital marketing, and online reputation management.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)