POSITION : MANAGER
Key Responsibility :
1. Financial Operation
- Co-ordinate, consolidate, review, finalize, and approve Westports’ Conventional section’s financial performance and position for adoption on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis by understanding internal management, operation, and business direction, latest changes in approved accounting standards and industrial practices, reviewing historical trending and variance analysis.
- Direct, develop, and maintain financial reporting systems, policies, processes, and procedures to ensure timely, reliable, and accurate reporting of financial numbers on day to day basis by understanding internal business operating models, operating risks, processes, policies, procedures, control principles, etc
- Responsible for vendors’ invoicing and arranging for payment processing and driving resource efficiency in these areas.
- Responsible to drive digitalization to achieve touch-less financial close
- Lead and set annual division goals and objectives for the team. Develop, coach, and counsel team members on an ad-hoc and annual basis by understanding their development points, training needs, and career development plans.
- Perform financial analysis, budgeting, reporting, and management task.
- Comply with LPK by-law, regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers.
2. Contract Management
- Monitor and manage contract terms, pricing, and market comparison.
- Manage and analyze contracts to ensure the finance terms are favorable to cost management directives and incorporate value-added service.
- Ensure that there is a variety of reputable vendors registered in the system to support conventional operations.
- Monitor subtenant compliance with contracts for landed clients. Verify agreements with landed customers and suppliers.
3. Cost Management
- Ensure that the expenses are 10% below the budgeted amount based on the current volume.
- Manage monthly reports on current spending and make sure they are submitted for review within the timeline. (e.g.: P&L, BS, and BPR based on volume)
- Control and monitor all OPEX and conventional finance procurement activities.
- Manage and ensure that the billing is following the contract.
- Control penalty and charge recovery based on performance and non-compliance.
- Examine and implement penalties for delays and failure to adhere to agreed-upon SLAs in accordance with the provisions of the contract.
- Manage and examine waiver requests, and do client due diligence. Prepare justification and supporting materials for requests for waivers that require management approval.
5. Financial Reporting
- Control and evaluate budget usage
- Advise operations and management of prospective cost increases and a decline in revenue.
- Establish the upcoming year’s budget.
- Conduct a study on disruption to finance due to volume, which is impacted by routes, materials (supply vs demand), regulatory, and market/economic conditions.
- Degree in Finance and related studies.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a similar capacity.
- MIA membership/ Chartered Accountants or equivalent qualifications (ICAEW, ACCA, CA, MICPA, etc).
- 3 years of Audit Experience, Big 4 experience is an added advantage
- Able to work independently.
- Experienced in finance automation.
- Good business acumen
- Comfortable to be in a leadership role, able to drive change.
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)