Role Summary :
Manage public relations and corporate communication in the organization.
- To define and lead corporate branding strategy to position the company among the top brands in the region.
- To establish relationships with media entities and channels
- To manage the overall corporate events and communications for the company
- To build an online presence and create attractive content for the company to position itself to target audiences.
- Corporate branding and communication. Drive design ideas and implementation. Familiar with CSR initiatives and event management.
- Experience in dealing with NGO and Community Leaders on their needs and issues. Ability to work with NGOs and Local Authorities in assistance to resolve issues faced.
- Ability to produce images, drafts (Documents, online posts, ads), and videos to support branding and messaging. Able to guide designers on requirements from concepts to implementations.
- Able to write press statements, and contribute to the creation of annual reports and online articles related to the operations, events, and initiatives in the company.
- Able to liaise with the press, online media groups, and media channels to ensure company communication and message goals are met. Able to build presence and positioning of the company as a leading port in Southeast Asia
- Establish an online presence via media channels. Plan and schedule postings with the appropriate content to meet the organization’s key messaging and positioning.
- Review and set Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or Policies
- To provide the overall directions for documents, digital content, and communication to ensure company branding is in line with best corporate practices
- To lead and manage digitization initiatives regarding documentation, ensure proper controls and documentation standards are observed.
- To propose improvements, enhancements, and period reviews to senior management
- Plan, schedule, and implement activities, publishing content and communication
- Inject creativity and innovation into content creation and branding initiatives
- Self-management and proactive in execution of tasks and strategy
- A team player and able to engage diverse stakeholders.
- Able to influence a culture of compliance and best practices among all staff in the organization
- Analytical and research-orientated, to reference legislation and past documentation to support ongoing work or for enhancement/changes to improve
- Manage sensitive information and documents as required by regulation
- Follow risk management classification and matric.
- Drive and lead risk mitigation in Crisis (Communication)
- Proactive measures to risk reduction or exposure to bad press or negative report
- Manage crisis, issues raised, and findings from external media
- Understanding communication and branding requirements regarding target audiences
- Clarity and message of communication to meet the required objective
Authority (Ability to make decisions and be accountable for) :
- Approval of findings or reports
- Corrective measures and mitigation plans
- Task or transactions performed by sections
- Accountability to verify information and data in content
Human Resources Department
Westports Malaysia Sdn Bhd
5th Floor, Tower Block, P.O. Box 266, Pulau Indah, 42009 Port Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-3169 4000 Fax: 03-3169 4101
All applications will be treated strictly private and confidential.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks (14 business days).
- Unsuccessful candidate’s application will be KIV for future opening.
- Kindly prepare the following documents prior to applying as these attachments are mandatory.
- Profile Picture (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- School education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Tertiary education certificate (jpeg, jpg and png file only)
- Resume (pdf file only)
*Position is closed, future application will be KIV.